Mark M. Kassabian
- Civil, Criminal, and Corporate litigation
Mark Kassabian practices in civil, criminal, and corporate litigation, with a concentration in white collar criminal defense. He has extensive litigation experience in a wide variety of areas of the law, including federal criminal defense, complex litigation, and criminal and civil appeals.
Mr. Kassabian practiced with the Los Angeles office of Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue for almost ten years as a litigator. At Jones Day he represented corporations among the Fortune 100, as well as smaller businesses. His experience there included major class action defense, complex corporate litigation, and defense of health care providers accused of fraud and government program abuse. His practice involved litigating cases in state and federal courts in California and across the United States. He then practiced for six years with the law firm of Geragos & Geragos in Los Angeles. There, he represented individual and business clients in trials and appeals before both California and federal courts, in areas as diverse as class-action litigation, real-property litigation, civil and criminal fraud, health-care fraud, and narcotics prosecutions.
He received his B.A. from Dartmouth College in 1987, and his M.A. in Political Science from the University of Southern California in 1988, where he was awarded a University Merit Fellowship. He received his J.D. from the University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law in 1991. He is a member of the Federal Bar Association and the American Bar Association, and is admitted to practice in California, all federal district courts in California and Arizona, and before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D. - 1991
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- B.A. - 1987
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- M.A. - 1988
- Honors: University Merit Fellowship
- Major: Political Science
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Significant Published Opinions
United States v. Chan, 792 F.3d 1151 (9th Cir. 2015).
Cannedy v. Adams, 706 F.3d 1148, amended & reh’g denied, 733 F.3d 794 (9th Cir. 2013), cert. denied 571 U.S. 1170 (2014).
United States v. Garcia, 730 F. Supp. 2d 1159 (C.D. Cal. 2010).
Badillo v. The American Tobacco Co., 202 F.R.D. 261 (D. Nev. 2001).
- Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue
- Geragos & Geragos